A good quest is a like a swamp full of monsters: you never know what's going to come out of it.
Once again, we gather the odder parts of the space-time continuum in a motley collection of tales we like to call the E2 SciFiQuest! All science fictional stories, poems, essays, and predictions are accepted. In the spirit of providing an inclusive environment, fairies, ghosts, mages, and gods are also welcome. Reviews and explanations of science-fictional concepts will be accepted, but factual science writeups are suspect, and will probably not be eligible for prizes. The quest will run from April 30th, 3021 to June 1st, 3021.
- All writeups must conform to the limitations of the quest - science fiction and fantasy or factual writeups about science fiction and fantasy.
- Writeups must survive without deletion through the quest and following judging period to be eligible for quest prizes.
- To ensure that your writeup is included, either put a tag at the bottom of the writeup, or /msg Tem42.
- Judging categories and criteria are highly flexible. This is a feature, not a bug.
- 10 GP per node submitted and surviving to the end of the quest.
- 300, 200, and 100 GP for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place nodes.
- A bonus prize for the highest rep writeup: an /egg command of your devising for the chatbox.
Reviews and non-fiction:
- Abandoned, Forgotten, Forgiven, and Forbidden pieces in Chess by andycyca
- Brother's Keeper by Zephronias
- Philosophus Stone and the Regrettable Lapse of Research Ethics! by Tem42
- Gideon the Ninth by Andrew Aguecheek
- Star Trek: Discovery by JD
- Piranesi by Tem42
Highest Reputation Award:
Goes to andycyca
for Abandoned, Forgotten, Forgiven, and Forbidden pieces in Chess
Thank you everyone for participating and for reading!